Thursday, May 21, 2009

Recycled magazine envelope

I am working on thank you cards for all the lovely people who have given my daughter welcome home gifts. I design them digitally and print them out, 2 to an 8 ½ x 11 sheet. I can never find envelopes to fit that size. So I developed these. If you stitch them within 3/8” from the edge the card and a 4x6 picture fits nicely. If you glue them, a 5x7 fits.
If you place the template diagonally it gives a very nice deco look.







You can make them from plain paper bags and have your child illustrate each one.
You can also size them larger and reuse paper grocery bags for shipping.
Materials:
Template
Magazine
Thread and sewing machine or glue stick

Directions:
Trace template on magazine page
Cut out
Fold 1, 2 and then 3
Sew decorative stitch along each side, securing flaps
Place items inside envelope
Fold 4
Stitch closed

Use shipping label if mailing

No comments: