Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Free pattern – car seat pillow

Nap time. Yesterday I decided to try to get caught up with the dishes during nap. She woke up before I finished. Today I decided to blog instead...


Car seat pillow
Every one of our drivers in China had these on their seats. I seem to remember them being plentiful in Japan when I was there a couple of decades ago. We were lucky enough to get one in the passenger seats in one of our vans. It was so comfortable that I ran out and bought some for my car.
Here's how to make a simple one. You can appliqué or embellish as desired.
Materials:
½ yard fleece
Batting/stuffing of your choice
Contrast fabric for appliqué (optional)
11 ½” length of 1 1/8”width elastic

Directions:
Print out pattern. Cut fabric on fold or print two and tape together.
Cut out fabric. If cutting on fold be sure to just fold over amount needed. Don’t cut in middle.
Appliqué on front side (optional)
Fold strip in half lengthwise face together.
Stitch lengthwise edge ¼ inch seam allowance.
Turn right side out.
Thread elastic through and secure at ends.
Place body face side together with strip centered between.
Stitch around body leaving 3” opening at bottom flat edge.
Be sure to back stitch at opening.
Turn right side out.
Stuff until plump and firm
Hand stitch opening closed.

No comments: