Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Recycled sweater pig

I saw something similar on another blog. I really wanted to make one. I spent hours looking for a pattern and finally decided to try making one myself.

I also want to try lengthening the nose and widening the ears to make an elephant.

Go to Two kitties to see how close I came.

It’s great, like a small pillow made from a felted recycled sweater.

Materials:
Felted sweater
Batting
Sewing machine
Matching thread
Had sewing needle

Directions:
Cut out pattern
Sew ears and tail first
Fold ear lengthwise and stitch across raw edge
Attach ears to body through small holes
Sew body together
Leave nose open
Turn right side out
Stuff through the nose
Be sure to disperse batting nicely
Hand stitch nostril detail
Hand stitch nose onto body

No comments: